National Public Health Week (NPHW) will be celebrated April 1-7th. We want you to join us! The Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County will be recognizing the work of public health and taking part in the week by supporting workshops hosted by Florida International University Robert Stempel College of Public Health & Social Work. The 2019 theme is “For science. For action. For health.”
Here are some other ways to get involved in NPHW:
- Attend a FREE workshop at FIU April 1st – 5th, for more information and RSVP visit http://go.fiu.edu/NPHW2019 (see flyer attached).
- Join the Billion Steps Challenge and help the American Public Health Association (APHA) reach over a billion steps by the end of NPHW.
- Become an official NPHW Partner.
- Read these NPHW fact sheets on the NPHW daily themes and how we can build a healthier nation.
- RSVP to the official NPHW twitter chat on April 3 at 2pm ET. We’ll be talking all things public health with the hashtag #NPHWChat.
You can learn more about National Public Health Week at www.nphw.org. We look forward to celebrating with you!