FIHI’s method of providing collaborative backbone support has been successfully used by our CEO, Roderick King, MD, MPH, for over a decade. These projects include:
- 2007 Baltimore City “Babies Born Healthy” Leadership in Action Program yielded a 20% decrease in infant mortality and 40% decrease in disparities in Baltimore, supported by th Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Annie E. Casey Foundation
- 2008 “Step Up Savanna” Georgia poverty eradication initiative
- 2008 – 2010 the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s “Aligning Forces for Quality” initiative leadership development to improve health care quality
- California Endowment, Boys and Men of Color (BMoC) project that is the foundation for President Obama’s “My Brother’s Keeper” Initiative
- 2013 – 2014 facilitation of the development of Florida’s Roadmap for Oral Health
Dr. King is currently providing training in collaborative, results-based leadership to a multisector group of public health, agriculture and veterinary medicine professionals from 13 Caribbean countries.
Dr. King and Deitre Epps from the Results Leadership Group provided training in the use of Results-Based Accountability to leaders in South Africa.